WnSoft Forums

Default template of a new slide. Suggestion

Igor

Hi,

What you think about the following improvement in future version 9.0.

You can customize a default template of a new slide.

1. The Project options windows will contain a button "Customize default slide". When you click this button you'll see the Objects & animation editor. Adjust any parameter of a slide: size of the main image, shadow, Cover/Fit mode, animation, etc.

2. When you add a new slide the Slide list, this template will be applied automatically.

Note: Defaults tab will be removed from the Project options, because everything can be customized through "Default slide".

Please let me know what you think?

Igor,

The 'Enable Border' function is not specifically mentioned as part of the 'default template'. Currently, you have to do this image by image. If the 'Enable Border' (of Adjust Image and Border) is included in the default template, this would be of great help. And, of course, the default setting should be able to be turned off for selected images.

Gary

Hi,
What you think about the following improvement in future version 9.0.
You can customize a default template of a new slide.
1. The Project options windows will contain a button "Customize default slide". When you click this button you'll see the Objects & animation editor. Adjust any parameter of a slide: size of the main image, shadow, Cover/Fit mode, animation, etc.
2. When you add a new slide the Slide list, this template will be applied automatically.
Note: Defaults tab will be removed from the Project options, because everything can be customized through "Default slide".
Please let me know what you think?

It will (should) satisfy those who have always asked for "Cover/Fit Mode" to be set globally.

DG

Gary,

Yes, in the default template of a new slide you can customize the border of the main image.

Dave,

Exactly. It was the main reason. And give universal tool where user can customize everything that you can do in the Objects and animation editor.

Gary,

Yes, in the default template of a new slide you can customize the border of the main image.

Igor,

It would be an improvement if you could customize, not only the 'main' image, but also other images in the slide. For example, what if you had several other images in addition to the 'main' image? It would be nice to be able to apply the default to non-main images,too.

Gary

It's one possibility with a lot of options for creator. Yes !!!

But, on second thought.... For news users, i am not sure, that it's easy to understand when he will see "Objects & animation editor" with different tab and a lot of parameters. Have the choice of "Cover/fit mode" in "Defaults tab" in "Project options", it's easy to see for new users (and all people using PTE without animation function). To keep "Defaults tab" from the "Project options" seem better for ergonomic. To see...

The choose to Adjust any parameter of a slide: size of the main image, shadow, Cover/Fit mode, animation, etc. can define with using Slide Styles. But this option will be (for me) very interesting when the full duration will not be taken into consideration in "slide style"... To change style, when we want, without changing the synchronization already achieved.

Thanks for discussion, Igor,

In any case, the next version will be expected

Cordially, Vincent

Thanks for your responses and comments!

Vincent,

It's a good point. But on other hand, new users also should learn how "Fit/Cover" options affect to a project.

And I think probably they should not care about these "advanced" options.

Igor,

It would be an improvement if you could customize, not only the 'main' image, but also other images in the slide. For example, what if you had several other images in addition to the 'main' image? It would be nice to be able to apply the default to non-main images,too.

Gary

Gary,

The default template is being applied to a new slide with one main image. Of course, you can include other images - they simply will be added to the new slide.
I think that you need to use a slide style for the task which you explained.

Igor,

For me, I don't want to be involved in having to create a slide style. I would prefer to have all images being able to be treated in the same manner. In a similar vein, as mentioned in some suggestions, those images that are used in the show, but are not 'main' images, should have some indication in the File List that they have been used in the show. But this is a bit off topic.

Gary

Hello.

If the main interest of this new option is just to change the automatic setting of the fit/cover option, it is not something very usefull, and it would be more logical to add a trigger set to default just besides the existing option.

I agree with Gary. Having a way to identify all the images used in a show is something far more useful:

those images that are used in the show, but are not 'main' images, should have some indication in the File List that they have been used in the show.

I agree with Mavi. A few additional options (such as fit/cover) in the Project options would be fine. But I doubt that the O&A window will be good for setting the default values, regarding new users. As I typically configure each slide for its own, I do not need any default values at all. Most of my new projects have an aspect ratio of 16:9 now, and my photos are 3:2 or 4:3. Hence I have to import the images with the cover slide option. But for each image I have to correct its vertical position individually. So changing the mode isn't a tremendous affair, as I have to go to O&A in any case. And I also do not need default animations, although I often use animations, but not in a monotonous way where all slides have a standard animation :)

What I do not like in the present version is that the aspect ratio is in the main tab, but this parameter will be changed when setting the screen in the Screen tab. Aspect ratio and maximum screen resolution (a very important feature, presently called "Fixed size of slide" which I regard as an odd name) should again be in the same tab.

Regads,

jt