WnSoft Forums

Nature I like to photograph in my neighborhood

Delicate

Hi. I made a simple slideshow for the local camera club, where I show places where I like to go and photograph nature. The area is the southern part of Finland.

Unfortunately, all text is in Swedish, but images and nature are international so please enjoy the images. And as usual, the climax is in the end...

Regards, Jan

4 hours ago, benro said:

Tack Jan

Fantastiska bilder presenterade på ett njutbart sätt. Vilka fantastiska fotomiljöer du har man blir lite avundsjuk.

Roger

Tack. Jo nog är naturen fin här fast man lätt blir blind för den. Och då ljusförhållandena är de rätta så då måste man ut och fotografera...

Lovely!  And I particularly liked the last several slides.  As the show started, I was thinking of asking whether you ever see auroras as I have read that Finland is a good place to go watch them.  But some of your last slides answered my questions on that.  Thanks for sharing.  I also watched your video of "The Post Train".  I LOVED it!  I love steam trains anyway, but this was really well done.  Would love to hear more info on that train itself and how you filmed it.  Thanks in advance!

On 10/22/2021 at 8:15 PM, mhwarner said:

Lovely!  And I particularly liked the last several slides.  As the show started, I was thinking of asking whether you ever see auroras as I have read that Finland is a good place to go watch them.  But some of your last slides answered my questions on that.  Thanks for sharing.  I also watched your video of "The Post Train".  I LOVED it!  I love steam trains anyway, but this was really well done.  Would love to hear more info on that train itself and how you filmed it.  Thanks in advance!

Thank you! I live in the southern part of Finland where we only can see auroras a couple of times per year, so it is best to take the chance then. But in the northern part of Finland, in Lapland, they can watch auroras wintertime almost every clear night.

I filmed "The Post Train" mainly in 2010 with an old EOS D7. This year I finally filmed one missing scene which made it possible to finalize the project. My mother who act in the film passed away in 2015 so she didn't see the final version. The trains seen in the film are maintained by enthusiasts who take passengers a couple of times per year.

On 10/23/2021 at 2:56 AM, Barry Beckham said:

Great presentation, I really enjoyed the varied images. Not quite so keen on the maps, which in my view tend to interrupt the flow a little, but then again I can’t read them. 

Thank you Barry. This presentation was manily made as information about places where I take photos, which purpose I hope it fulfilled.

20 hours ago, landsberger said:

Have just watched all that you uploaded very impressive and thank you for sharing your sequences.

John

Thank you John. I usually publish on Vimeo. I have used different techniques and the most seen one is a panning animation based on NASAs images (HiRise camera) taken of Mars. This video ( https://vimeo.com/207076450 ) has been seen 1.6 Million times and have been published on Wired, National Geographic, CNN, BBC, etc. :-)

6 hours ago, Delicate said:

Thank you John. I usually publish on Vimeo. I have used different techniques and the most seen one is a panning animation based on NASAs images (HiRise camera) taken of Mars. This video ( https://vimeo.com/207076450 ) has been seen 1.6 Million times and have been published on Wired, National Geographic, CNN, BBC, etc. :-)

Thanks for posting the link Jan, very inspirational!

Kieron