WnSoft Forums

Can PTE create this type of effect

lacogada

14 minutes ago, macian said:

I don’t know if PTE can zoom and rotate video

Anything that can be done to a still image can also be done to a video.

It is very easy to zoom & rotate at the same time, but unless it is being done for a very specific reason it is just a gimick and most disturbing to watch if all images are doing it.

All you need are 2 keyframes and just size/rotate the image as needed on the 2nd keyframe, very easy and quick to do.

Jill

The question started me thinking and doing some experimenting.

Firstly the original image/video/timelapse is very impressive. The video features multiple night scenes short videos from around the world. My video capture of a local lift bridge is no way near as impressive but hopefully you will get the idea based on my limited knowledge of PTE.

The first half of the video shows the original drone circle of the bridge as shot on the day. The second half uses some PTE editing with zoom and tilts to give you an idea of the potential of PTE AV Studio with some relatively quick PTE editing created in a few hours. With a good quality video to start with initially, it may be possible to create a similar effect with more time and patience.

Cheers

Mark

To my taste the PTE editing transitions seem too abrupt and call attention to themselves.  I guess how much one goes crazy with transitions and styles depends on the audience to a large extent.  I tend to use unusual styles and effect rather sparingly and let the images/videos speak for themselves.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SeismicGuy said:

To my taste the PTE editing transitions seem too abrupt and call attention to themselves.  I guess how much one goes crazy with transitions and styles depends on the audience to a large extent.  I tend to use unusual styles and effect rather sparingly and let the images/videos speak for themselves.

You are right but it was more of an exercise to show what could be done with zooms and movement in comparison to the original as asked in the question.

6 hours ago, tom95521 said:

Are you describing 3D pan? I know Dom created a version almost three years ago.

https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/topic/23126-free-3d-pan-styles/

Tom

Thanks for the link Tom. I had a look and it is a little more complex than that. Sort of a blend between the link and the one underneath on his website.

Thanks again for the link - appreciate it.

Mark

Also about 9 years ago Igor had created an effect that had perspective movement where the distant objects move slower than the closer objects. The dropbox link is no longer active but there is a vimeo video.

https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/topic/15903-panning-with-perspective-correction/#comment-105306

Tom

• Like 2

I also found this tutorial by Barry Beckham 

Details about how to make it can be found here

I also made a short AV using the link provided by davegee above in the Slideshows Topic.

Ciao

Mark

Mark

• Like 2

Hi Igor,

Very nice. Your technique and Barry's are almost the same. A partial image with transparent background (webp or png) for the bottom section.  I think using a mask or maybe multiple image crops might work and would work with videos. It is interesting how many different methods could be used.

Thanks,
Tom

perspective.jpeg

• Like 1