WnSoft Forums

Aspect Ratio for Shows

davegee

Aspect Ratios for Shows  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which Aspect Ratio do you mostly use for your shows?

• 16*9
    • 16*10
    • 3*2
    • 4*3
    • 5*4
    • Other

I use 16x9 because then they can be watched on HD TV's when it is a MP4.

I have also some of the same shows made in 16x10 when they are going to be projected at my camera club in EXE.

As a ratio I like 16x10 better, and even bought a new HD computer monitor in that ratio a few months ago.  (Was hard to find).

Bert

I am still old school and use the format the image was captured in of 3x2. I have found that certain images lose important information when cropping to 16x9.

Many will work with a little work in photoshop with content aware. etc. Too many years shooting slides.

I do like the look of 16x9.

Kieron

Like most, I uusually opt for the ratio 16/9 of my 4K TV screen, which is also the ratio for the projector at my photo-club (when we can reconvene).

Sometimes, it is 16/10 so that I do not need to crop too much my photos (which are taken at the ratio 4/3 = 1.33).

Surely this is a no-brainer, or am I missing something here?

It's not rocket science to say that the aspect ratio of a show is logically going to be dictated and guided by the device on which it is going to be viewed, rather than the device which produced the original images.

Creating a show in anything other than 16x9 seems to be a backward step to me. (Just my opinion!)

Regards

wideangle

My beef about DSLRs is that there is no option to shoot 16x9 hence having to crop etc. My cheaper P900 has that capability so why not the others? One would think that eg Nikon and Canon would provide this option. I am not an accomplished photographer but I sure would appreciate not having to crop to 16x9.

Rosemary

1 minute ago, Rosemary A said:

My beef about DSLRs is that there is no option to shoot 16x9 hence having to crop etc. My cheaper P900 has that capability so why not the others? One would think that eg Nikon and Canon would provide this option. I am not an accomplished photographer but I sure would appreciate not having to crop to 16x9.

Rosemary

Hi Rosemary

Go Panasonic, most of their range offer variable aspect ratios.

Rosy.

1 hour ago, wideangle said:

Creating a show in anything other than 16x9 seems to be a backward step to me. (Just my opinion!) Surely this is a no-brainer, or am I missing something here?

Perhaps if your presentations were to audiences of up to 300+ people in large auditoriums, the work of changing all of your images might be overwhelming.

My presentations are 30 to 40 minutes long with over 100+ images.

To change 20 images for a show, I would have no problem using 16x9.

Fortunately the program has the choice of what format you want to use, I really do not see why anyone would care.  (Just my opinion)