WnSoft Forums

First impressions about Version 11 (Beta)

Igor

• Igor changed the title to First impressions about Version 11 (Beta)

Hi Igor!

I really want to thank all your team for the quality work and for the opportunity to test the new version of the program!
Today I tried the new features a bit and they made a big impression on me!

1. Text animation. This is what we have been waiting for a very long time and now it is implemented! I tried the functionality and it works! But there are a lot of custom settings and I haven't tried everything yet. Eyes darted.

2. Built-in vector icons. An interesting idea and I'm sure that it will be useful to many, besides text animation is applied to them. You can come up with interesting applications.

3. Blur. It's gorgeous! No words, thank you for these beautiful blur views! The settings work very well.

4. Nested opacity and color correction! Super! Much needed features. One of the most useful. Thank you for not disregarding the requests of those who like to make complex design!

5. Displacement map effect and lens. The displacement map effect works great, opens up new frontiers for creativity, I think you can make very beautiful abstract backgrounds, rain on glass, and so on. I also found the effect of the lens, it looks very natural and there are settings for the depth of the effect!

6. Export slides as images. Useful feature, thanks for the settings. Many use.

7. New styles and transitions for slides. Wonderful! very pretty and really needed.

8. Improved styles and themes window. Thank you! Using styles has become noticeably better and easier.

9. My special thanks for the preview sound in Convert/Trim Video Clip , as well as Adjust Time Range for the video clip object. This feature comes in handy for me almost every day and it was quite difficult to correctly cut the video to a certain phrase. Thank you developers!

I have a lot of impressions, I have not studied everything thoroughly, but I already see that all the improvements and innovations are very useful. And in my case, all functionality worked without bugs. This is very nice for a beta version.

Of course, I would like at least a few more very important functions. I would very much like to see in the program

1. Looping video. Without it, you have to change a lot of footage in other programs.

2. Improved chroma key. To have more settings in it.

3. Ability to copy and paste several keyframes at the same time.

4.Drag and drop layers with the mouse.

Well, I would also very much like to be able to save styles with several text objects. And with sounds. In order not to manually substitute the sound of fireworks or a typewriter, for example ... And I would like to be able to save transitions with sound too.

In any case, I thank the team of developers for the right approach, for the work! And congratulations on a successful beta release!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Igor said:

PTE AV Studio 11.

Hello.
Thanks. For the opportunity to watch the program.
All status functions work perfectly.
I applied the effects in a text editor, changed the settings, everything works.
Congratulations, it turned out to be a great program. Success.

A wish. I would like to see a copy of the modifier points in the program.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

Just finished my first Project with PTE 11.Beta2

Here's the first Impressions:

Text animation: This is the must thing and it's done very well! Works like a charm for me. Only wish I could edit the text directly in a window.

Blur:  Now there's full set of this kind of effects to work with. Couldn't be better. Many thanks!

Export Slide as Image: Considering there's PNG option with Alpha Channel this is very important feature. Thanks again

Displacement Map: Still trying to figure out the way to work with.

Vector Icons: Very important, don't see the way to import your own.

What is really exciting me is the overall performance improvement!!! The Rendering is much faster now, had no crushes (Beta!).

Still there're many things to discover ahead and I'd like to congratulate the developing team with this release!   

Thanks

Here's the link to the Styles if someone interested.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gGzD5TZ7NugRIWoF_130Q04NFMQ4Z50R/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the watching

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Alex55 said:

Export Slide as Image: Considering there's PNG option with Alpha Channel this is very important feature. Thanks again

Hi Alex, could-you explain the interest of saving a PTE screen capture as a PNG image with Alpha Chanel ?

Knowing the great job you make and share with PTE, I'm shure it is something important, but I confess I don't see what you mean.

And thank you for all the stuff you share, which inspires me for my own realisations.

15 hours ago, Alex55 said:

What is really exciting me is the overall performance improvement!!! The Rendering is much faster now, had no crushes (Beta!).

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your impressions about the new PTE AV Studio 11 !

Can you tell me in more details about improved performance? Do you mean video encoding, or playback of fullscreen preview/EXE shows?

In version 11.0 we now use Direct3D 11/12 rendering.

8 hours ago, Tonton Bruno said:

saving a PTE screen capture as a PNG image with Alpha Chanel

For example instead of using transition:

1 Take shot of the END point of the Slide, let say without Background

2 Paste it into the next Slide with same Background

3 Do whatever you like to do......

4 hours ago, Igor said:

details about improved performance

Igor,

On my computer (old Win 7, Core i7 first generation, 12Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 460 ), while making This Show I noted:

1 Much better full screen playback. In case of this Slideshow almost no stuttering

2 Much faster encoding. I'd say times faster. 

3 Even Zipping goes faster.

I don't use hardware acceleration.

Thanks for the upgrade

Best

Alex

• Like 1

After some testing I am more impressed!

Rendering a project in 10.5 to a MP4 1920x1080 high quality with hardware acceleration for a 9 min 30 seconds project took 32 minutes at an average of 17 FPS.

Same project in 11, took 2 min 30 seconds at an average of 221 FPS

Incredible work under the engine Igor and team.

Kieron

• Like 1

First impressions of the new program are great! Rendering speed is high. The project will open very quickly. The displacement map mask is an interesting tool. Made several styles and transitions. But so far I have not found another use. Need examples for detailed view.
Thanks to the WnSoft team for the work done and the innovations. Good luck and health to all!

• Like 1

Kieron,

Thanks for your impressions on version 11.0!

Honestly, the difference in speed of video encoding should not be so large between versions 10.5 and 11.0 :) 

We really, optimized transfering of video frames from PTE to a hardware video encoder, but a difference should be around 10%, depending on graphics card.

I guess that the most likely you had Motion Blur option turned on in the previous version. See parameters of video encoding window.

4 minutes ago, vbl2007 said:

First impressions of the new program are great! Rendering speed is high. The project will open very quickly. The displacement map mask is an interesting tool. Made several styles and transitions. But so far I have not found another use. Need examples for detailed view.
Thanks to the WnSoft team for the work done and the innovations. Good luck and health to all!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Igor said:

Kieron,

Thanks for your impressions on version 11.0!

Honestly, the difference in speed of video encoding should not be so large between versions 10.5 and 11.0 :) 

We really, optimized transfering of video frames from PTE to a hardware video encoder, but a difference should be around 10%, depending on graphics card.

I guess that the most likely you had Motion Blur option turned on in the previous version. See parameters of video encoding window.

I'm baffled, just checked again and made sure all parameters the same. Motion blur off in both.

Almost the same results, will check using other shows created in 10.5

Just checked another show in both versions.

It is 13 minutes in length.

Same parameters as the previous show.

Version 10.5 took 11:07 min at 70 FPS

Version 11 took 3:02 min at 257 FPS

Nvidia Ge Force GTX 1060 64 gb ram  Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU

Version 10.5-1.PNG

Version 10.5-2.PNG

Version 11-1.PNG

Version 11-2.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Débutant, je connais le PTE depuis longtemps quand même, et je le trouve extraordinaire, je n'aurais certainement pas la compétence de certains d'entre vous mais j'ai un énorme plaisir à faire de montages avec PTE.

Merci Igor, à tes collaborateurs et à tous ceux qui partagent des transitions et autres styles que je ne suis pas encore capable de tout comprendre...

Bonne soirée

• Like 1