WnSoft Forums

Blocks set' style

Jean-Cyprien

Hi,

As he had promised me, Santa Claus brought me a small gift: a blocks set .
You will find a style (made with and for PTE9) to play with me, with 7 horizontal images (1920x1080 pixels for example).

In the unzipped folder you'll find :
"Explanations Blocks set" (. doc or .pdf, it's the same thing.)
- A Black Background.jpg, In fact a completely black image.
- Most important: the style file, Blocks set.ptestyle

To sumarise :

- Drag and drop 6 images of 16/9 horizontal format (for the six faces of the cubes) into the editing table.
- Then drag and drop a seventh horizontal image - the same format (in principle 16/9) as the screen. (It is mandatory) This image will be seen in the background of the screen.
- (Import, the first time, the style) Apply the style.

Add salt, pepper, condiments and other spices...

Please, excuse my english mistakes

And sorry, I'm not able to put here an exemple. Too heavy (9 Mo), but I think you could see it there :

http://diapositif.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=42012

Blocks set style.zip

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Colin,

No, it's not a repetition, it's a little entertainment with the cubes dismantling and the faces scattering and fluttering.

The beginning and the end of this slide are identical and so you can believe that two slides are the same

I these flaps seem unpleasant to you, the slide can simply be deleted.

Jean-Cyprien

Greetings Jean-Cyprien,

Just found your style. Very neat. I am wondering how I can make the images show up with a slight dissolve. If I am using it correctly, they come in with a quick transition. I tried putting a dissolve time in each of the slides but it did not take effect. I read the .doc but I did not see anything about transitions.

Is it possible to put in a dissolve in your style?

Gary

Hi Gary,

Although perfect, the adjustment of the 28 faces of an image sometimes leaves a vertical line, or a horizontal line. To avoid this drawback, at the end of the movements I superimposed the same image on the faces (which appears in 10ms, the keypoint being in fact composed of two points). For the next slide, at the start, the faces are also hidden by the complete image, which suddenly disappears again in 10ms when the cubes start to animate.

The transition from one slide to the next is always done by a cut, because we see the same thing at the end of one slide and at the beginning of the next. So, what do you want to dissolve ?

Slide N

To do what you want to do (if I understood correctly : dissolve = blur ? Otherwise I don't see between which image/slide you want to dissolve), you would have to, before the end of the movements of a slide, add blur to each of the 28 faces that form an image (*), and add the same blur on the complete image. Then slowly remove the blur from this full image to see a normal, sharp image.

Slide  N+1

At the beginning of the slide (the next one), the clear full image could become blurred (in 500ms Which is very short), just before the animation of the cubes, whose 28 faces should be blurred in the same way as the full image (which disappears). Then all the faces could become sharp again (*). This work, before and at the start of the animation, should also be done at the start of slide N

(*) We could keep a sharp image only when the cubes are stationary. Only the entire image would change from blur to sharp, then from sharp to blur. The 6*28 faces of the cubes could always remain blurred. Their movements being quite fast, it wouldn't be a big deal if all the faces were a little blurry.

See below what it could look like for the transition between two slides :

( You will notice that the assembly of the 28 fuzzy faces is not so great !)

Jeu_de_cubes_26C_avec flou.zip

Greetings Jean-Cyprien,

What I was trying to say is that, after the rotation of the cubes for an image, the next images will rotate in cubes and then come together rather sharply. I was just wondering if the snapping together of the cubes for the next image could be somewhat softer or gentler. Or, in other words, make the transition from the separated cubes to the non-separated image, a smoother (dissolve?) transition. What you have done is way above my capabilities so I was just wondering if it could easily be done. But if you have to modify each of the cubes, not to worry.

I downloaded the .pteav file but not sure what to do with it.

Thanks...Gary

Hi Gary,

Grouping of cubes is done in 1s with a slow down animation speed. To modify this effect it is necessary to intervene on each cube. Which is much more laborious than to develop this animation, because then we use a lot of copy/paste.

To read the pteav files, you must start by executing the PteViewerX.exe file, found in the main directory of pte.

Jean-Cyprien

Thanks, I was able to play the .pteav fille. I like the blur but not worth all the effort needed to make the change. I just wanted to be able to soften the appearance of each image.

Well done style...Gary

On 7/2/2022 at 1:25 PM, Jean-Cyprien said:

Hi Colin,

No, it's not a repetition, it's a little entertainment with the cubes dismantling and the faces scattering and fluttering.

The beginning and the end of this slide are identical and so you can believe that two slides are the same

I these flaps seem unpleasant to you, the slide can simply be deleted.

Jean-Cyprien

Many thanks much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...